Pi Config not saving settings

Could you change your avatar to fit this discription? :joy:

1 Like

…let’s give it a rest here. Please. Thanks.

word

3 Likes

Hey @Karnage . Unfortunately this might not be solved after all. After applying the hotfix and rebooting, I was indeed able to change settings. The UI did reflect the content of the config.txt file. If I would’ve attempted a second reboot I would’ve noticed that the Pi isn’t coming up. Sorry for that.

The debug logs right after the patch (screen came up automatically without any doing on my part) are here: http://paste.osmc.io/atixuvaniq . Anyway these look different…

Originally my config.txt did look like this:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18 sdtv_mode=2 disable_splash=1 gpu_mem_1024=320 start_x=1 max_usb_current=0 disable_overscan=1 sdtv_aspect=3 hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
At this point the hotfix is applied and I’m cycling through sdtv_aspect and sdtv_mode actually not changing anything and hitting OK. The Please reboot message appears. The generated config.txt looks like this:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18 sdtv_mode=2 disable_splash=1 gpu_mem_1024=320 start_x=1 max_usb_current=0 disable_overscan=1 sdtv_aspect=3 hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 device_tree=[remove], dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18

Notice the duplicate dtoverlay line.

I’m unmounting my HDD and perform a reboot. Pi doesn’t boot.

The debug log during the Pi Config work is here: http://paste.osmc.io/cequpuqefo

Hope that helps. I’m removing the [SOLVED] tag from title for the time being.

Ralph

Yep, known issue, fix should be available soon.

Remove the device_tree line and you should be able to get up and running again.

The duplicate line doesnt matter, but that too is fixed in the newer version.

Have to agree with you about the tone of the “help” you got. It’s not too hard to ask nicely. “Can you please post your log files.”

You’ve been a member on this forum since May
OP has been a member since October.

If you have not read the forum etiquette, which outlines what is needed to diagnose and resolve issues, then this is on you. It’s a 200 word post, on how to help us help you.

Heh. Help in quotation marks. Issue gets resolved, almost immediately after we get logs, and we get another smart guy.

Please let me know what else you are entitled to. I’m now no longer posting on this forum, so we won’t have this situation again. Users are really taking the absolute biscuit these days.

3 Likes

Sam, I apologize if I offended but i was unhappy with the attitude projected by some of those above. Putting help in quotes was offensive and I apologize for that but i felt it was right in line with the tone of some of the earlier posts. I am entitled - to kindness and respect as we all are. I am sure that those posting have a tough time with people acting entitled to the help they are receiving but it is their choice to help and they should try and be more respectful. I respect your decision to not post anymore but want you to know that I really appreciate all that you do here. Osmc is a wonderful thing that makes my life more fun and interesting.

Jacob

Too late for an apology.

It’s posts like yours that are pushing the creative force behind OSMC away from the community.

Who told you that? Seriously. Who told you that respect was something that didn’t have to be earned?

What you are talking about is politeness.

Then stop making it a chore for the devs and mods who create and support it.

1 Like

Wow

Because this thread has solved OP’s issue and has very little potential to provide anything else of value, I’m turning the lights out. You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here…

If OP would like re-opened, a PM will do.