Purchase advice on Vero 4k+

Hang on, you just threw the “K” word in there which made me a bit puzzled. If i understand you correctly, Kodi and OSMC are both distributions for media centers, right?

So when the Vero box comes, I’ll have to install Kodi on it? Or did I get it all wrong?

The difference between OSMC and Kodi is explained here: Frequently Asked Questions - General - OSMC

You don’t need to install Kodi when your device arrives.

@sam_nazarko

Great! That’s all clear now.

@fzinken

I have changed my mind and am gonna get this one

as it has phono input which I want to get (in case I want to listen to vinyl some day)

What you said will still work right? HDMI from Vero into HDMI IN. Then use the HDMI OUT on the far right to my TV.
My bookshelves will be connected to the FRONT R and FRONT L on the bottom of the receiver, correct. And this will allow me to listen to music (with TV off) and hear my movies

Yes, as long as it has HDMI in and HDMI out it will work.

That’s right.

That set up will also mean that any other HDMI devices you have will also provide audio to your speakers without any problems.

I personally would suggest you get the Yamaha instead. We’ve seen reports with audio and video issues with Denons and have never seen these issues with Yamahas.

I see. That’s great, as I have a nintendo switch I want to put to use. Thanks!

@bmillham
Aww man, seriously? Just when I found one. I am trying to look for a Yamaha one with a phono and a decent price now. Do you know of any?

You may want to consider a used Yamaha. I picked up a used RX-A660 for USD 350 including 5.1 speakers. It’s Atmos and 4K compatible.

There is loads of people around here using Denon and not having issues. I personally have two of them and am quite happy with them.

If phono is the only thing holding you back you can always get a separate phono pre-amp. This sits between the turntable and the receiver and will boost the signal to normal line-level. You’ll still need analogue inputs but these won’t need to be ‘phono’ inputs

Good point, I could always get a separate phono stage.

By the way, for hard drives, can I just pick any one and attach it? Such as: Amazon.com

or

I think this one is powered via a wall socket. But what about the size of it? Does it have a limitation on the size it can/cannot mount?

Yes, external powered drives are the easiest to connect. And no, OSMC doesn’t have any size limitation (or better to say no limitations that a currently available harddisk would cross)

Thanks for all your help guys. I finally pulled the triggered and ordered one.
Pretty happy how everyone jumped on to help me, so it made me more confident knowing that I will get some support when I run into difficulties. Y’all are awesome.

Great.

We’ll get this out for you tomorrow and you’ll receive a tracking number when this ships.
Delivery to the US is about 7 days now because of reduced flight capacity.

When you receive the device, let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Cheers

Sam

That’s the norm round here…the support is absolutely top notch.

4 Likes