Raspberry Pi with fbtft enabled

Still get the same error after the chmod (I stopped Kodi ran the chmod and started Kodi, and then also did a reboot)

19:42:25.873 T:1695429376   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'pygame.error'>
                                            Error Contents: Unable to open a console terminal
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodisplay/kodisplay.py", line 202, in <module>
                                                Display()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodisplay/kodisplay.py", line 101, in __init__
                                                pygame.display.init()
                                            error: Unable to open a console terminal
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:42:25.877 T:1926040064   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
19:42:25.971 T:1695429376    INFO: Python script stopped

http://paste.kodi.tv/zejasifuga

Hi Steve,

Sorry for delays. Been busy around here. Just to let you know this isn’t forgotten.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Steve,

It’s a shame even with debug logging we don’t see something a little more verbose.

You could try starting Kodi as root (your ~/.kodi will be under /root) with:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
sudo /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone

If this fixes things, then we do need to look at a permissions problem.

Sam

I didn’t read all the thread, but for me it would be also interesting to have fbtft working with OSMC.
Does somebody already get it work? If yes, is it easy to enable it or does it still need some"hacks" to make it work? Thank you for update.