RPI3B+ Audio dropouts when playing audio

Thanks for your patience. Things should now be ready for testing.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for having another crack at this, I’m sorry to say that I am still having intermittent drop outs after applying the update.

Would you like any fresh logs etc?

Many thanks,

No. Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for this I’m afraid.

Hi
Some limited testing, but so far no dropouts - so a good improvement.
Thanks

I have only done limited testing (20 tracks from the album where I first discovered the problem), but experienced no dropouts after the update. Previously, i was getting multiple dropouts near the start of every track except the first. Therefore, this update appears to fix the problem for me.

Many thanks Sam (and the rest of the developers) for sorting this out and for all your hard work on OSMC in general.

Hi

I’m here in 2021… And still having problems on an ALLO USBridge Sig. based on a CM3+ module. All this running with a linear powersupply. OS is OSMC with Kodi 18.9 on kernel 3.19.122-2osmc now.

The problem is only audible on HIFI speakers though… TV speakers not good enough to hear it. I have tried two different amps and two sets of speakers… It makes no difference.

The problem persists if I run audio via HDMI to DAC or clean USB to DAC… It makes no difference.

I have also tried Volumio… It did not solve the problem either.
Also tried the fix provided by sam_nazarko. No difference.

The problem is still here… How can this be? !

I need audio and video playback… And HDMI-CEC…
Is a new RPI4 or ASUS Thinkerboard S my best options to fix this? Opinions, anyone?

Tuplet