SFTP Access Trouble After Update

I also went a bit further and did a purge/reinstall of openssh client and server without success. It seems like something in Kodi making the connection that just drops it when the server attempts to exchange keys. I wonder how Kodi makes the SFTP connection, through a shared / static lib?

Did you try renaming .ssh?

I’m not sure how libraries are compiled in Kodi.

Yes, i did rename .ssh and reboot, but it didn’t work. Then reinstalled openssh, no luck. Thank you so much for your time bmillham.

Another hint… I was able to recreate the issue by trying to browse an SFTP location on a separate linux mint machine on the local network. This leads me to believe that the SFTP client (kodi or a supporting library) that is being used is not functioning correctly since it fails with two different ssh servers.

You mean a LM box with Kodi using SFTP?

Tried to browse via SFTP from osmc pi2 to a target of a LM laptop. LM auth.log shows the same behavior where the client (osmc) disconnects suddenly.

OK. Then to me everything points to a reinstall. I’ve tried on my own OSMC Pi2, and am not having this problem.

I’m guessing that since you went a year without updates that something just went wrong with the update, and it would probably take more time trying to figure out the precise problem vs. just doing a new install.

A year is an awful long time to go without updates!

Ok I just also tried this from OSMC to OSMC and it is all working. And from Ubuntu Kodi to OSMC also working.

I agree a year is a long time, but it speaks to the stability that it just sits in the basement running well enough that I don’t even think about it! :slight_smile:

I even have an original pi that’s still running raspbmc. Lol, time to overhaul everything.

You should definitely update that. Things have moved on quite a lot since then.

Sam

yeah I’ll probably wipe the raspbmc pi and put something else on it anyway, I wasn’t using kodi on it anymore, but it does have the paramount task of controlling the temperature of beer (fermenting and finished). Getting all of that set up and integrated into my home automation system wasn’t all that simple, so I’ve been procrastinating on that one.

Thank you for the support, the OS and community here are extraordinary.

I have the same problem. If i try to add network connection it isn’t working. At my laptop everythings fine, but when i try to add my friend adress with sftp, osmc say, there is no connectrion. If i try my own adress sftp isn’t working too. I think there is bug in sftp client. With winscp i can reach it from my pc too.

I agree, if you look at the logs on both sides there is seemingly no hint of what is going on. The client seems to just abort the connection without any message. I’ve been dealing with it by not using the library on that pi for now and playing things locally, until I have the time to start clean.