Skin changes to default when rebooting after changing in guisettings.xml

(from the terminal)
kodi-send --action=reboot

Uhh, exciting. Will try that.

Sorry for all the questions.

Worked like a charm!

Could also suggest me somehow to prevent my OSMC bootup screen from going in black (because I am running a script from /etc/rc.local)? It’s also a bash script that has to run every time booting up. However it is interrupting the beautiful bootup OSMC (logo screen) and making black screen until reaches my skin and done booting up?

Could I run the script from somewhere else to prevent it from interrupting the normal OSMC bootup screen? :slight_smile:

That is probably a question for @Chillbo.

You could have done it all without the reboot (using two profiles) if you didn’t need to invert your screen with config.txt.

Maybe @Chillbo has another solution to rotate the screen? Could be awesome!

The bootup screen is not part of any skin, it’s OSMC system related…

@Schnitte, I’m not aware of any method to rotate the screen the skin would have any baring over, sry :man_shrugging:t2:

I did a quick search when you started this thread and it looked like screen invert was not possible in Kodi. I only thought to mention it this time in case that kicked off a different solution that worked for you (macro command in your remote control to tell your projector itself to invert maybe).

So my “display_rotate=2” in /boot/config.txt might be the only solution? In that case, then fair :smiley:

But would there be a solution running a script on bootup without interrupting the default OSMC bootup screen (the logo hiding all the bootup-stuff).

At the moment I am trying to run it from /etc/rc.local - this interrupts the blue bootup screen and gives me black screen until fully booted up.

@darwindesign - This is not possible since my projector just is a Philips Picopix (pocket projector) and it doesn’t have any settings other than focus wheel… :smile:

reboot or shutdown -r should both safely unmount any attached drives before restarting the system…

Well it looks like

Some kinda makes a safer shutdown - dunno. Harddisks doesn’t get “randomly” interrupted and shutdown.

I’m not sure what you mean but using kodi-send --action=reboot is probably the same as running reboot yourself, only you asked Kodi to run the command. Either way, the disks should be safely unmounted.

Now I use kodi-send --action=reboot however everything seems solved for now :smiley: Hurray for laziness - scripts for everything! :smiley: