SSH not working after May update

Ok so i uninstall the ssh app from my osmc, then the open-ssh service was still installled, i apt-get remove --purge it,then open osmc install ssh app from myosmc and both the osmc app and openssh-server installed.

Now i can acces first try bur my sshd config file is like this and i dont got the section thaht i have to comment previously

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile     %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# For this to work you will also need host keys in /etc/ssh_known_hosts
RhostsRSAAuthentication no

Also md5sum star whit 6 but after i restart ther dervive again it changed to fd8, is this how is suposed to be?

No and I really recommend you do a full clean install as you system either was hacked or one of your Kodi Repositories did something bad to your system.

Ok i will unstall it and when i have time i will do a full clean install, so the md5sum alwasy has to start whit 6 to be safe ?

Well for the current version of sshd yes, a new version obviously will have a different checksum

Well i did some more testing:

I removed the ssh app from myosmc
I removed openssh server, client and sftp server from comand line
Apt-get update
Install open ssh server from comand line
Whit this i have: the sshd config file without those lines that i have to comment and the md5sum starting at 6 and i can connect without problems i also changed the defaul 22 port

Then i open kodi and install the ssh app from myosmc, after that:
My sshd file updated to the newer version the one whit those lines uncommented and the port reset to the defeault, my md5 still starting whit 6 and i can connect first try.

The only different thing that i make was delete from my terminus iOS app the host that i have saved and make a new one.

I restarted the pi and the service multiple times and the md5 still 6, the service start and i can always connect.

Could this have been hapening because somehow the may update install another ssh server version or i installed one manually in past/ the unstable source or because i was conecting whit my iOS app whit the old host configuration ?

I have my doubts about that

1 Like