[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

hi

I’m finish upgrade to kodi 17 Krypton, and then run the following commands:

echo “deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/a2dp.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/a2dp.list

Pairing went fine
Connecting went fine
But no sound comes out
Anything I am missing?

Make sure to change the audio output settings from hdmi to alsa streaming. Check in settings --> system -->audio

I’m Check in settings --> system -->audio . Is no Alsa streaming item .
Anything I install missing ?

What options do you see in system audio output. Is it only HDMI and analog? There should be a streaming option if installed correctly.

Has anyone else had any luck improving the bluetooth audio quality? I’ve been searching for days with no luck.

hi
i’ve tried multiple times to get bluetooth streaming from my Galaxy S4 and iPod touch to my rpi2
but every time i select analoge output the music starts playing throught hdmi and osmc crashed
i’m using the BT dongle from the osmc store
log → http://paste.osmc.io/opizemitiv

EDIT:
i’ve found a solution just installed alsa-utils and changed audio output by hand:

sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1

Hi all. I now have a pi 3, fresh install of osmc. Using the BT speaker for streaming music. Everything works fine, although sometimes the speaker will be connected and playing music, when all of a sudden there is no sound from the speaker, and the sound is going thru the tv. If i toggle settings --> system -->audio --> Alsa stream to HDMI and back then the audio is back to the speaker, which was connected still connected.
The main issue I have is that if I leave Alsa streaming on for extended period of time, and then if BT speaker is off, the audio is coming out of the TV and it is delayed by ~0.5 seconds. SO i have to go back into settings --> system -->audio and toggle HDMI to get audio to play properly thru the tv.
my idea is to create a script, to toggle HDMI audio when detecting a tvshow or movie, and when it detects audio, to switch to Alsa. Can someone point me to the correct setting that gets toggled when you toggle settings --> system -->audio --> Alsa stream, which would not require a restart of kodi?

Hi again
Basically, I was thinking of something like this, run it as a daemon. I havent tested it yet, but i am hoping it will work :smiley: I simply don’t know the variable which controls the alsa streaming a2dp, anyone have an idea?
#! /bin/bash
Video=$(curl -s -u xbmc:xbmc -X POST -H ‘Content-type: application/json’ -d ‘{“jsonrpc”: “2.0”, “method”: “Player.GetItem”, “params”: {“playerid”:1 }, “id”: 1}’ http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc | awk -F “,” ‘{print $NF}’ | sed -r ‘s/"//g’ | sed -r ‘s/}//g’)
Audio=$(curl -s -u xbmc:xbmc -X POST -H ‘Content-type: application/json’ -d ‘{“jsonrpc”: “2.0”, “method”: “Player.GetItem”, “params”: {“playerid”:0 }, “id”: 1}’ http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc | awk -F “,” ‘{print $NF}’ | sed -r ‘s/"//g’ | sed -r ‘s/}//g’)
Audiosetting=amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 | grep values=??? | sed -r 's/ : values=//g'
HDMIsetting=amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 | grep values=2 | sed -r 's/ : values=//g'
if [[ “$Audiosetting” != Alsavariable && “$Audio” =~ song ]]; then
# toggle Alsa setting
else
if [[ “$HDMIsetting” != 2 && ]]; then
# toggle HDMI setting
amixer cset numid=3 2
else
exit 0
fi
fi

Hi everyone,

I just installed osmc v17 and tried to use a jbl speaker as audio output. I did the followings:

echo “deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/a2dp.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/a2dp.list

After this, I tried to pair the device but kodi was unable to connect to it. I’m not even sure if the pairing went well although the device showed up on the paired devices list.

Any advice/idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Tried a reboot?

1 (pi2 + 3).
without bluetooth device, there pops up the BT Player error notification.

2 (pi2 + 3).
without bluetooth device, wifi pairing hangs or fails all the time.
only when a bluetooth device is present, wifi connects fine.

3 (pi3).
the pi3 integrated Bluetooth unit works very bad. only crackling sound.

Hi

1. The BTPlayer crash we have a fix for and will be released in a future update which should be soon

2. Can you provide debug logs of the wifi connection failing wifi should not be affected by having the bluetooth enabled, See How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for info on getting a log

3. We are aware the pi3 bluetooh does not handle A2DP streaming well and currently recommend using an external bluetooth adapter

maybe tomorrow i can get log files
my steps about wifi

• no bt dongle connected
  • install like first post
  • reboot
  • disconnected wifi
  • reboot
  • tried to connect wifi
  • clicked through the menu, selected my network, quit yes for connecting
  • busy dialog comes up, and stays, stays, stays, …
  • disconnected power device
  • pluged bt dongle in
  • power on
  • startup
  • same wifi conenncting procedure like before
  • busy dialog shows for short time
  • entered password for connecting
  • connecting succesfull :slight_smile:

Just installed this, I’m trying to get audio from my phone or laptop to the pi. Am I missing something, because I can’t find anywhere an option to be able to do this?

Pair the device and it should work out of the box. This is the primary use case.

My phone doesn’t see it as an audio device. In the devices menu I have a bluetooth icon next to it instead of a headset icon and pressing on the device in the list does nothing. Nor does the laptop.

Make sure you rebooted after installing the audio package.
Are you using the official OSMC adapter?

Ah. Fixed it sort of. I had paired the devices before installing this app, and when I re paired them I didn’t make sure they’d completely forgotten about each other. The issue I have now is that although I have my Pi set to output sound via Analogue in Kodi settings, any audio received via Bluetooth is only output through HDMI, regardless of this setting. Any ideas?

Also, in case you’re still wondering. It’s not the official adapter.

that’s the logfile
http://paste.osmc.io/qokilidori.vhdl