[TESTING] Debian 11 Bullseye

thanks, 24p VC-1 is fixed now. Took a couple of steps for me to get the update though. At first no updates available, so I went to my sources.list.d folder and found the osmc-devel.list file had been deleted. No problem I thought, just recreate it per the instructions at the top of this thread - but then, still got the message that no updates are available. I checked my other Vero on the Bullseye test and noticed that its osmc-devel.list file had been modified to include a reference to bullseye-devel, which I guess had been done as part of the migration. So I then re-created the osmc-devel.list file for the first Vero with a refernce to bullseye instead of buster, and then the update worked. So might it be necessary to clarify in the first post that if a user has to re-create the osmc-devel.list file after hvaing migrated, then they will need to substitute bullseye at the relevant point?

As an aside, whenever there is an update that might affect VC-1 I go back and check the David Tennant Dr Who specials that are authored on bluray with a horrible 59.94 conversion from the 50i original. For a while now I’ve noticed the Vero has been really struggling to get any sensible field motion from these files. But as of the update just now, the motion is about as good as it could reasonably get. The occasional flash of image corruption noted at the link below is still present (this is unique to the Vero among my collection of mkv playback devices), but encouraging to see improvements in motion.

1 Like