[TESTING] Debian 11 Bullseye

Just installed bullseye. Upgrade went smoothly, but I seem to have duplicate remote keypresses which weren’t present before. I hear the “click” twice (or sometimes even 3 times) but pressing up/down in the main menu for instance, sometimes only moves the cursor once. I use this as my main TV and if I press Guide, the guide briefly flashes up before disappearing again (due to the second phantom press I guess).

For context, I use an MCE RC6 remote; I had the rc6-mce-lircd config selected. I use the associated IR receiver that came with it, and blacklist meson_ir in modprobe.d. I found this the most reliable setup as the internal receiver didn’t seem to respond very well to this remote. This has worked very well since I got the device, until now :slight_smile:

I tried swapping out the RC6 config for a Samsung TV remote in My OSMC with the same results.

Not sure how to start debugging this, what information can I give you? I’m sceptical its my configuration as it worked great until before the upgrade, wondering if there’s something changed in lirc, perhaps I need to tweak some repeat delay?

Just to confirm, this is only affecting IR remotes, the OSMC RF remote is absolutely fine. I just use my own IR as I like having more buttons (direct button to TV Guide in particular) :slight_smile: