[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) builds for Raspberry Pi (continued)

A one off sad face when upgrading a build, with everything then normal is an unfortunate bug that is being worked on.

If things go haywire again, please let me know, debug log appreciated. If you have problems with an add-on in particular, send me a PM and I’ll look in to it.

Sam

Yep i’ve seen this in previous builds. That’s not an issue at all so if it’s a known behaviour then all’s good.

If anything else plays up i’ll let you know - things are looking quite good at the moment though. I’ll have a dig around if anything comes up as i have more time on my hands now.

Appreciate the hours you put into this! Trust me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes renaming the .kodi folder fixed the issue.

Not sure if its useful, but here are the logs:
http://paste.osmc.io/jogozocaze

Tried the latest build.
Would not play anything from the NAS server. Renaming .kodi and rebooting resulted in a working build although mythtv client would not connect. Trying to down grade as previously back to stable resulted in the following.

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install rbp2-mediacenter-osmc=16.1.0-20
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
armv7-libdvdcss-osmc armv7-libdvdnav-osmc armv7-libdvdread-osmc
rbp2-image-4.4.16-1-osmc rbp2-image-4.4.16-4-osmc
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
rbp2-mediacenter-osmc
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/30.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 13.2 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg: warning: downgrading rbp2-mediacenter-osmc from 16.8-165 to 16.1.0-20
(Reading database … 27294 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.1.0-20_armhf.deb …
Unpacking rbp2-mediacenter-osmc (16.1.0-20) over (16.8-165) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.1.0-20_armhf.deb (–unpack):
unable to create /usr/share/kodi/addons/resource.language.es_es/resources/langinfo.xml.dpkg-new' (while processing ./usr/share/kodi/addons/resource.language.es_es/resources/langinfo.xml’): Structure needs cleaning
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.1.0-20_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
osmc@osmc:~$

Any help to get back to a working stable build would be appreciated. Hopefully without having to reinistall from scratch again!

Cheers
Spart

16.8-165, 07 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (737260b4) and newclock5 (d99900)

OSMC:
Update Kodi devicename patch (737260b)

XBMC:
[PVR] Fix: PVR windows never must list removable media. (PR:10632, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
[video] Add TV show artwork to episodes/seasons with their own “fanart”. (PR:8645, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
[jsonrpc] CAnnouncementManager: fix invalid type “movies” for video items without video info tag (PR:10620, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
[gui] smartplaylisteditor: convert spinners etc to regular buttons (PR:10594, 15 commits, 7 files changed)

inputstream.mpd:
Reimplementation of Provisioning (b6a96e75)
more log (b45f98ff)

Hello,

today I have upgraded to test Kodi 17. I have noticed significant improvement on the Live TV - however, I guess that this was due to an outdated version of the add-on in Jarvis. However, certain channels are lagging (in slow motion) - something which was not happening on the previous version.

With regard to the movies, it is a completely different story. I have created around 1300 .strm files with a corresponding NFO file. However, whenever I try to navigate through the movies (any menu) the system is randomly crashing and restarting. When it restarts, the system crashes again and restarts. This is done around 3-4 times at the same time.

I tried looking at the log files in .kodi/, however, these were deleted each time the system restarted, thus I couldn’t really figure out the exact problem.

I installed the same version of Kodi on my laptop and I encounter no such issues, so I think it is something to do either with the system or my specs.

Specs:

Build - 16.8-166
Raspberry Pi 3 (not overclocked)

Cheers,
J

Kodi keeps an old log, which you can upload if you want the issue looked at.

Probably not the same version: @gmc is producing 24 hour nightlies; I believe the builds for your laptop will only be once per beta cycle.

This is of course a test build, so you should not expect stability, but without logs, you can’t expect a resolution either.

I’ll look at the old log in the morning, however, if I looked at the right one (something called kodi.log.old right?), it was always empty. I’ll confirm that again, else I can upload the log file.

Thanks!

OSMC has methods to automatically upload logs. Better to give us the URLs and let us take a look.

Odds are however, that the problem will be resolved shortly in a future bug, or an update from the ad-don maintainer.

Deinterlacing works perfectly on live TV in this version.
Thnaks

I can´t edit the file sources.list
I’ve tried with winscp and putty. Alkways said permission denied.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Edit it via the command line and use sudo.

Can you elaborate?. I’m very new on this

Then, without sounding harsh – you shouldn’t be running a nightly build. These are for people that know what they are doing and are happy to troubleshoot.

Sam

This is what I get when I try to edit via command line on winscp

/etc/apt$ edit sources.list
Warning: unknown mime-type for “sources.list” – using “application/octet-stream”
Error: no write permission for file “sources.list”
/etc/apt$ sudo edit sources.list
Warning: unknown mime-type for “sources.list” – using “application/octet-stream”
Error: no “edit” mailcap rules found for type “application/octet-stream”

I would recommend using nano

Another log form winscp

/etc/apt$ nano sources.list
Error opening terminal: unknown.
/etc/apt$ sudo nano sources.list
Error opening terminal: unknown.

Sorry if I’m a pain in the ass. I’m only trying to learn
Thanks, anyway

sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list

I suggest you first read up on how to use vi - its not use friendly :wink:

I’ve done it! Thank you very much!!

16.8-166, 10 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (737260b4) and newclock5 (beb573db)

XBMC:
[doxygen] Add revision when API was changed or expanded (PR:10631, 1 commit, 15 files changed)
VideoPlayer: drop some outdated pullup correction code that does more… (PR:10651, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
[cmake/jenkins] Build with CMake (PR:10649, 1 commit, 22 files changed)
CUtil::MakeShortenPath() should return true if the given path is already short enough (fixes #16783) (PR:10640, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
FIX: [gles;oes] confusion between field and index (PR:10653, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
[webserver] CHTTPImageHandler: add GetLastModifiedDate implementation (PR:10032, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
[docs] clarify checkbox uasge in PR template (2379b8eb)

pvr.iptvsimple:
Handle time offset in EPG programme start and end times (PR:89, 2 commits, 3 files changed)