[TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Raspberry Pi

The test builds are in the staging repository.
The issue will likely be solved with the next update.

For problems with skin helper service you will need the version from here: GitHub - kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt: Kodi repository for beta versions of marcelveldt's addons you will afterwards have to update some additional plugins to versions that are also part of this repo.

Those newer versions are not needed for our skin! Those do indeed sometimes cause problems of their own.
Please donā€™t suggest a beta repo to users, @Qoopido. Users may want to use it for skins relying on it, but our OSMC skin doesnā€™t need any beta scripts to work just fine. :wink:

The OP is probably on a gmc18 build version where the issue described was ā€œnormalā€ - we did some tests in some of the builds that caused this issue. Updating to the newest gmc19 nightly or the stable v18 release - once itā€™s out - will most likely solve this.

1 Like

@Chillbo Sorry for having caused confusion. I am on GMC-18 nightlies as well, had the same message in my logs and use a skin (Embuary) that does not rely on skin helper service. But, at least in my case, switching to the beta plugins resolved the issue without introducing new problems.

Seems that it would be the best to ignore this message until 18.1 is released officially than :wink:

@gmc any progress with additional emulators ?

Afraid not. Iā€™ve tried a few of them and they all give a black screen. Also tried the same emulators on the latest LE build and had the same issue :frowning:

1 Like

Lets hope Garbear and the rest of the kodi crew works out the bugs really itching for some nintendo 64 :smiley:

With Kodi now branched to 19 and OSMC Leia 18 stable soon to be released its time to close this thread.

See you all in the v19 thread.