[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

MKA Audio Files (as opposed to MKV Video Files) - Problems with current playback time display

I have noticed the following problem on my Vero 4K+ whilst using software version ‘OSMC November 2020 2020.11-1’ and I’m wondering whether it will be corrected in the next Vero 4K+ release with Kodi 19.

I dont really want to upgrade to the latest Kodi 19 test build and I am waiting patiently for a more formal release.

Perhaps someone else with the latest Kodi19 test build could check whether this problem has been resolved - if not, it needs looking at !

Basically the problem concerns the incorrect (‘flickering’) display of the current playback time field (and consequently its expected end-time) for MKA audio files. Its best to view the MP4 videos to understand the problem, provided by way of the link below.

I know that the MKA file format is not a particularly common, but it is useful for containing original (Dolby/DTS multi-channel) audio streams and a chapter index. I quite often convert these to multi-channel FLACS.

So, with my test MKA files I note the following types of audio streams are affected or not as the case maybe:

ATMOS TrueHD 7.1 - affected
Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 - seems to be OK
DTS 5.1 - affected
DTS-HD MA - affected
LPCM 24-96 2.0 - seems to be OK
LPCM 24-96 5.1 - seems to be OK

I have provided a link below to a folder containg a zip archive with six test MKA audio files, half of which exhibit the problem, along with evidence for each MKA audio file, of the problem in the form of videos of my TV screen, displaying the Vero 4K+ Kodi playback screen (default skin).

in folder ‘Vero 4K MKA Audio Problem’

I look forward to hearing more about this, and hope that it will contribute towards the next Vero 4K OSMC/Kodi release sometime soon !