[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Okay, good! :slightly_smiling_face:

The issue with (I guess?) VC-1 decoding is a lot more subtle, to be fair. Again, if you turn off hardware decoding, the 1080i wedge pattern plays perfectly - that gives you a reference. To give you an idea of what you’re looking for, try playing it with hardware decoding and deinterlacing set to Auto-Select. If you look carefully, you can see two different sets of artefacts: at the left edge of the horizontal wedge and centred on the 540 mark, there’s some very obvious moiré (just like what you see on the 480i clip in hardware); further to the right within that wedge, you should see also a couple of diagonal bars which sweep left to right, turn till they’re vertical, keep turning till they’re diagonal again, sweep right to left, disappear, and then repeat the cycle.

If you now switch deinterlacing to Off, it fixes the main moiré, but the sweeping diagonal bars are still there (but much fainter).

Given that those bars aren’t there when decoding in software, I have to assume it’s a decoding artefact.

My “Little Dorrit” also looks like it has a slight hint of “clay face”, which usually means there’s some DNR going on. (Obviously you can’t play that one in software for comparison, you have to play it on a different device!)