[TESTING] OSMC images for Debian Stretch

It would be good if @gmc could check if changing arm to armv7 also worked with Netflix.

Most addons needing to identify the machine architecture using os.uname() are doing it in that way because ‘platform’ didn’t resolve fine id architecture differences like those between ‘arm6’ and ‘arm7’ over 32bit userland, despite arm7 64bit capabilities. Correct me if I’m wrong but I also think that forcing os.uname() to just respond machine as ‘arm7’ will break this kind of addons forever on a rbp1 with OSMC.

As an example, you can check how this identification is done in libtorrentYATP def get_platform():

https://github.com/DiMartinoXBMC/script.module.libtorrent/blob/master/python_libtorrent/platform_pulsar.py

The advantage of YATP addon is that the libtorrent binaries are in a separate dependency module and has its own settings to force the arch manually if needed, but I know a lot of addons that doesn’t allow that, so not providing the right arch there will result in a problem to identify the correct binaries to use with no exit plan.

If there’s a way to respond to os.uname()[4] accordingly to every arch as this “non- documented-but-extensively-already-coded-conventions” expect, that will be the way to go. If not, expect some important addons breaking.

Sorry to bring this just today at the edge of Stretch release but I started testing the OSMC - Kodi 18 @gmc images just this past weekend, and that forced me to try Debian Stretch also. Prior that, all was working correctly.

I also have some unrelated and intermitent mounting problems using fstab, but i leave that to a future Help & Support post.

Martin