Tevii DVB-S2 662

Thanks taiebot,

Very glad to hear its stable too. I could have saved myself some time & effort if i had started from a clean install… Dont really know much about tvheadend yet but that’s the beauty that you can chose which channels you want to see eh? I can see 345 but it only mapped 280 through to osmc and they all work so i didnt have much to do there

Yep ugraded yesterday and lost all this work and i have been upgraded to new kernel. Therefore i need to re-do all this.

Lol. Just as i got it working… Ughh. Oh well there goes another afternoon !

You should set up DKMS to make driver modules persistent across new kernel versions. I’ll see if we can get this device included in future releases.

Sam

Hi Sam, Thank you - That’s great on both counts i wouldn’t have known that and thank you for all your hard work & effort. Top job. OSMC Rocks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Best regards.

We might have finally got it working out of the box with kernel 4.6 :slight_smile:

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_4.6#head-daf8e43023e33832c0be069c20e56464f164051d

@sam_nazarko Will we upgrade kernel at some time.I would quite like to have this working out of the box.

This is a bit of a resurrect.

What device?
What VID/PID?

I am sure we can look at supporting the device.

Cheers

Sam

yeah its an old box that i have put in the drawer would quite like to get it working again in krypton.

The device is
tevii DVB_S2 662
Sorry do not have access to my osmc to give you the usb ID

I know this is an old thread. But the TeVii S662 DVB-S2 USB 3.0 Box with Silicon Tuner is still one of a handful of DVB-S2 USB tuners available.

Would the Vero4k+ support this out of the box via TVHeandend?

Not sure – do you have the VID / PID?

Sorry . No, I don’t want to buy one unless it works.
It looks like the only other option is the Hauppage 461e at twice the price.

According to this site, it is (probably) VID=9022, PID=D662.