Trouble getting modified src to make into my active directory

I did it as 2 patch files, both placed in the patches directory of the osmc git clone. rbp-041-airtv-fix-01.patch and rbp-041-airtv-fix-02.patch

Check if they’re applying during the build

yes they are, in the echoed output i can see the patches being applied, and i can see the hunks showing success. I can catch it because before I forgot to list the directories in the patch, and i had to manually enter it when it prompted me to during the make.

If the patch is being applied, then those changes will be reflected in the new kernel.

I ran a few tests on a few random wireless modules on OSMC and running strings <module.ko> | grep -i ^alias shows the VID/PID list for the compiled module. In all cases I looked at, they agreed with the VID/PID list produced from running modinfo module | grep -i ^alias. Out of interest, how did you extract the VID/PID list from cx231xx-cards.o?

sudo grep -ir b123 is what i used for my search. For the Hauppage 955Q , b123 is the Pid for that adapter. After doing my changes, b124 for the Airtv adapter would still not be in the cx231xx.ko file like b123. The only thing I can think of is that the linux-headers and linux-image is not properly referenced. Do I need to download them separately? I thought the deb rbp2 packages was taking care of that.

The headers are in package rbp2-headers-4.14.34-6-osmc

ok, there is my problem… I think. I thought the build script was expanding the package to make use of them when I was building the drivers.