Updating Vero needs input I cannot give

This is a problem that was not caused by us, but by the Debian Samba package maintainers who out of the blue added a “high priority” question in their package configuration causing this prompt.

We are just as annoyed about this as you I can assure you and I’ve spent a couple of hours tonight (before we had even seen any reports on the forum - I saw the problem occur on my own system first) working out a long term solution for this which has just been pushed out as an update.

To work around it in the meantime I recommend that you log in remotely via SSH, and run the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop manual-update

(this will stop the currently stalled update process, although you won’t see a change on the screen)

sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade

This will start a new update process but in your SSH session, you will see the same message appear, just choose no (or yes, it doesn’t really matter) and the update process will continue. When it is finished type reboot.

The update that we have pushed out will prevent the same problem happening again in future.

1 Like