Upgraded OSMC to Kodi V19.3 TV Screen Black

Out of ideas. Suggest to try a different power supply and different HDMI cable otherwise may have to revert back to v18

Hi fzinken,

I bought a new HDMI cable today and tried another power supply as well all to no avail. Iā€™ll go back to V18. Thanks you for your suggestions, I really appreciated the help. I have had the issue since V19 and was hoping V19.3 would have a fix. Reverting to V18 here I come. :o) Thanks Mark

Hi osmc-user,

I bought a new HDMI cable today and tried another power supply as well all to no avail. Thanks for the suggestions. Mark

I had the blank screen problem after changing from v18 to v19 too.

I found I had to enable hdmi_ignore_cec in the myOSMC settings so I now have
the following line in /boot/config-user.txt
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

Note that itā€™s ā€œhdmi_ignore_cecā€ not ā€œhdmi_ignore_cec_initā€ as you had in your original post.

Regards
Jim J

Hi Jim,

Thanks for this. I tried ā€œhdmi_ignore_cecā€, but to no avail and I still got the same issue.

I even tried reformatting the SD card using a full format, but got the same result even if I changed HDMI cables and power units. I tried setting it up on one of my PC monitors and got through the setup as normal, but once the upgrade to V19 is complete I just get a Blank screen with no HDMI input. Iā€™ve given up and gone back to V18 which install OK and displays as normal.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Mark

1 Like