uPnP is not working properly since upgrade

Is it possible this only happened after updating to Buster?

Then it could be an issue with UPNP libraries.

UPNP gets very weird when you cross Wired and WiFi. Have we ruled this out as an issue?

Sam

Thanks for the support and comments. Really appreciate that.

I will try some more tests like deleting the .kodi directory and see what happens. And of course look at logs maybe. As someone said earlier this is not a big show stopper for the general user, but for me it’s one of the joys with OSMC to view media on any platform from an attached HDD.

1 Like

Keep us updated.

Issue probably SOLVED! :slight_smile:

This morning my OSMC said it had to restart for new network settings?! Well after the reset (without reboot) the uPnP server is working and pops up almost instantly on my mobile apps.

Thanks whoever fixed this!

Strangely enough, I have now the same issue as above after the last update. Then it was solved by a “strange” new network settings popup and restart.

Osmc uPnP server, as before, now pops up on clients after many minutes. The normal behavior is within seconds.

Could the one that solved it last time, do the same again, whomever it was. Thanks.

What do you mean?
Can you show a picture?

Thanks for the question!

Example from my life:
On iPhone I am using the app VLC. When hitting the the Network tab the Osmc uPnP server pops up as an icon within a few seconds. Now it’s very intermittent - it pop up and that’s after the recent upgrade. I have not changed anything in my network, router and switches. But I could be wrong …

Of course, this is not a killer function on Osmc, and I respect that. No problem. I just hope it get fixed like the last time with a sudden popup and then it’s solved. :slight_smile:

I’ll do some more tests later … get back then.

Nothing has changed with UPNP for some time.