USB Joistick does not work...

After a few hours of blood, sweat and tears. And thanks to @anxdpanic we got a working script. It’s a lot like my oldest son, labor of love that works but the result ain’t pretty.

In short, it’s slow but under correct circumstances it does what it is supposed to do.

Things that kill this script, at least right now, is if you have a automounted drive drive (usb/sd-card) with a label starting with i,gh,I,G orH. And if you have a folder in /home/osmc bagining with w,x,y,z,W,Y,X orZ. The reason is I’m using a a old mobil-keyboard, to blindly naviate to folder i know exists. But I can’t predict every users enviroment. So if the script detects a violation of those two terms it will abort.

Other wise it will, install and enable all controller profiles, allow unknowsources for installation of zip files, install two emulator related repositories, enable libretro-addon to run the emulators, disable some addons that will hog .zip/rar. extension. Remove some file extension mappings of .zip and bin files.

After you have run the script installing emulators is rather easy, still I’ve noticed some emulators need BIOS.roms, other are starting and loading the files but seems to have problem displaying anything, just black screen. And one of the ones I’ve tested so far just crash mediacenter and leave the Framebuffer in a strange mode for like 15-30 seconds, then the mediacenter restarts.

I’m am gonna have to point out that every time you install en emulator, in order to get it to run, you have to restart your Vero (unknown if that goes for Pi as well). And to install an emulator i’m gonna refer to my previus post on Snes on 19 in that post the install procedure for an emulator is bulletpoint 3. And consequensly bullet point 4. Remember reboot before trying any installed emulator.

As I said, I still haven’t tested them all, still working on a way to automate the most of the needed BIOS and other emulator-core dependencies.

REMEMBER this script is still in early alpha stage

Install:

sudo apt-get update
 sudo apt-get install git
 git clone https://github.com/zjoasan/emuprep_osmc.git
 cd emuprep_osmc
 chmod +x emu_prep.sh
 ./emu_prep.sh

Good luck and Enjoy