VDR VNSI Plugin stutters when playing fast-forwarding and rewinding tv recordings

@sam: I Copied a .ts file from the VDR Server to a stick:

• It does not work with the latest stable
  • It does work with the nightly build
  • (additionally) It works on my Linux-workstation as well with any media player

Please send a sample of it so I can reproduce the problem

Sam

Ok, you can find a file I just recorded and proved it does not work :wink: here:

Holger

That’s useful. If I can reproduce the problem I can usually fix it. Thank you for the clip Holger. I will let you know how I get on with it.

Hi Sam,
is there anything else I can do to help?

Holger

I haven’t had a chance to look in to this yet.
I will check it in a few days.

Sam

@sam_nazarko, is there any chance to get this any further?
Holger

Is only FF/RW affected and not seeking?

Sam

Sorry for the delay - I had to update to a recent version to test it.
Seeking is also affected. Nothing changed in the recent version.
Still 17.8-376 is the last version without this problem.
Can you please give honest information about whether you will deal with the problem. It exists for 8 months and I don’t see any progress yet. Reminding every 3 months and then getting another query from you does not help to solve the problem.
If it is not possible for you to take care of this problem due to time or other reasons I have to think of another solution
Holger

I will check this again tonight, against the 4.9 kernel.

Hello Holger,

Some good news: the problem is at least resolved on our 4.9 kernel and I could play the file (your 0001.ts) smoothly.

I will look at building some potential fixes for our current 3.14 kernel, but there is no guarantee it can be fixed with this version. You may need to wait for the 4.9 kernel (or use the test builds) for this to work.

Thanks for your understanding,

Sam

Holger, please try this updated release for 3.14

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

If it doesn’t work sufficiently, you will need to wait for the 4.9 release

Cheers

Sam

Thank you very much, Sam! I Will try this latest tomorrow.

Holger

Have a good Easter and keep me posted

Sam

–edit–

With the 4.9 Kernel everything works now.
Thanks for your ongoing work!
Holger

Hi @sam_nazarko , I tested it but unfortunately the problem still exists.
What irritates me ist, why it should work with the 4.9 Kernel.
It works with the current kernel and vero3-mediacenter-osmc (17.8-376). So I don’t think it is a kernel issue.
Everything works as well with a plain Kodi on any of my Linux boxes.
For me this shows that it must be related to a change made in OSMC (not Kodi, not Kernel…) between version 17.8-376 and the following one. (The kernel is the same!)
However - I will try the test build now and report back if it fixes it.
Holger

Hi Holger - just to clarify, did you test on 3.14 and the new build I produced or did you immediately install the 4.9 kernel from the 4.9 thread?

The instructions I posted above do not install the 4.9 kernel

Sam

Dear @sam_nazarko, I first tested the 3.14 build and that did not change anything. After that I upgraded to the 4.9 Kernel. With the 4.9 kernel everything works.

Holger

Thanks for confirming.

Sam

Hello,
i am facing the same issue on a Vero4k+ with OSMC 2023.01-1 (Kernel 4.9.269-21-osmc)

While I can watch TV without any problems can not fast-forwards, rewind or jump within the recordings. Also it seems that the recordings are affected if i copy them to another PC.

I receive my signal from a Sat>IP server (Octopus M4) and store the recordings on my NAS. I have a 1Gbit Network connection (cable). I use VDR together with VNSI Server and Client, all are running locally on the Vero 4k+

What else can I provide you to help me find this bug?

Thanks in advance

This is quite an old thread and the user reports the problem as solved. I suggest a new thread with some logs.