Vero 4K and DVBlink channel loading slow

Sorry – I was mainly posting progress in the other thread.

I think it’s to be fixed in Kodi 17.4

When will OSMC get 17.4? Did Kodi version change june -> july update?
I did test with my Android phone and Kodi 17.3, works flawlessly. Also tested with Windows 10 and Kodi, everything works, no problems.

We are waiting for Kodi 17.4 to be released first. I already explained why I believe it works on other platforms: I think it’s because they have an older version of the addon. Remember binary addons have their own versions too

Thanks! Should i contact DVBlink team and ask alternative version of addon until then?
Edit: Windows Version Kodi 17.4 has same version(3.4.5) DVBlink addon.

Hi

I’ve checked my notes on this, and remember a user having a similar problem. It’s a long shot – but make sure Transcoding is Disabled in the DVBLink Settings as it can slow down playback startup times.

Other than that – the best way for me to work on this is to reproduce the problem locally. Can DVBLink be port forwarded? If that’s possible, I might be able to connect to your instance and see what the issue is.

Sam

Transcoding is disabled. I’ll will ask my ISP if it is possible to open my connection ports(right now all of them are closed).
My ISP offers open ports with static IP only. It costs almost 7 eur per month. Do you have VPN server that i could connect my OSMC?

OK, I have some findings!
Hardware accelaration h264 always enabled(default)
PVR & LiveTV playback Fallback framerate 50(same as Kodi refresh rate), if Fallback framerate is disabled i get still image on most channels(with hw acceleration enabled).
Screen refresh rate changing is enabled on start / stop
If TV Show is 50fps(problably 25 hw deinterlaced) it plays fine, if 59,94(again hw acceleration deint. is probably 2x fps) there is no sound, picture is choppy and every few seconds i get buffering.
When i either disable HW acceleration or set it HD and up, all channels work.
Picture quality(due SW deint.) is not as good as with HW accelerated deint.
Also strange thing is recording works both ways, SW and HW.
Hope there is more information from what to get the solution and make OSMC and Vero 4K better.

Any update on the subject? Latest(august) update had no positive effect. I’m holding off my monthly donation for OSMC team. I will make donations again when problem is solved!

DVBlink PVR hardware acceleration still not working!

Sorry – I can’t reproduce the problem.

I have checked with other DVBLink users and they haven’t reported issues on the Vero 4K. I took a look at your log again.

14:25:48.671 T:3644937200  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 28
14:25:48.671 T:3644937200   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: amcodec - Opening
14:25:48.671 T:3644937200   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: amcodec - Failed
14:25:48.672 T:3644937200   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video:  - Opening

AMCodec is not working properly; and decode falls back to software. But it also looks like ffmpeg is having problems with the stream. There are a lot of discontinuity errors. Usually, if ffmpeg is struggling with the stream; then hardware decoders (i.e. MMAL on Pi / amcodec on Vero 4K)

Ideally I need to be able to access the stream. Similar to the IPTV issue; I need to be able to replicate it locally to see what the issue might be.

If anyone can provide me with a stream, I would be much obliged.

Sam

For september i will order opened ports connection with static IP. I will provide IP and port via email.
Did AMcodec drivers change during june - july update? There are many similar threads that have problems with Vero4K and livetv. It has to be something related to AMcodec drivers. SW solution is working ok. Every other client including many that use Kodi work without problems with DVBlink and HW. Only Vero 4K has problems. Also thats second update that causes problems with LiveTV.

Sorry to hear this – but without being able to reproduce this problem locally, there’s not much I can presently do.

I hope we can resolve this soon.

I add some information whats been happening. I tried to downgrade OSMC to 2017-5.2. LiveTV works without a problem with HWA enabled. After manual Kodi update from 17.3 -> 17.4(which also included many third party packages), HWA stopped working. Tried reset OSMC to 2017.07 also HWA with LiveTV did not work. Latest updatest 2017.08 doesn’t also work. Today i tested Libreelec via SDcard, everyhting worked, including LiveTV with HWA enabled. Kodi version was 17.5. Used latest Libreelec beta build for AMlogic 905/905X.

Kodi v17.5 is a test build.

Hopefully this means it will be fixed with the next version of Kodi.

Because your testing was with a pre-release version of Kodi it sounds like the issue has been resolved in a recent Kodi commit.

After october update HWA and all the channels work(finally)! Great work :)!
BTW latest version runs snappier than ever!

Glad to hear this. We had a fix for high CPU usage; as well as some performance improvements for the GUI on Vero 4K by delegating vsync to the OSD module instead of having to call eglSwapBuffers().