Vero 4K+ forgets or cannot mount at all one of the autonfs share (at least one)

Ok, so now I checked my system.
Actually those entries are normal.

1. You have the idle Autofs entry that you see
  2. As soon as you access the mount the second entry with the IP address appears (until it is unmounted).

So I guess your problem was just the issue of NFS4.
Maybe test it in the next days and report back

Thanks a lot! Yes, it seems it became quite stable. Right now I’m doing a library export to force it to read and write from the shares.

Now, just only one aesthetical problem remained, that virtually not existing ‘4K-MOVIES-3’ share in the root/nfs folder. Do you know, where can I delete that and/or why is is still visible in Vero’s file exporer but nowhere else?

Cheers!

What is ls -lah /mnt and ls -lah /mnt/4K-MOVIES-3 shows

Blockquoteosmc@Vero-Bedroom:~$ ls -lah /mnt
total 12K
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4.0K Mar 19 22:16 .
drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4.0K Mar 11 16:10 …
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 3D-MOVIES
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 4K-DOCUMENTARIES
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 4K-DOLBYVISION-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 4K-MOVIES-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 4K-MOVIES-2
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Mar 11 17:21 4K-MOVIES-3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 4K-TV-SERIES-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 FAMILY-VIDEOS
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 KODI-SSD-STORAGE
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MOVIES-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MOVIES-2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MOVIES-3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MOVIES-4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MOVIES-5
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 MUSIC
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 TV-SERIES-1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 TV-SERIES-2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 TVSHOW-DOC-CONCERT
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 19 22:16 X-FILES
osmc@Vero-Bedroom:~$ ls -lah /mnt/4K-MOVIES-3
total 8.0K
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Mar 11 17:21 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4.0K Mar 19 22:16 …

that 4K size is a bit interesting, maybe vero created a local folder in the /mnt and thinks its a shared folder?

Just try sudo rmdir /mnt/4K-MOVIES-3

Thanks fzinken, that solved the problem so far. It was a local folder.
I will report back if the situation would change, but so far all looks good!
Cheers!

Hi Fzinken,
Today I ran into the same issue after running the Library Update on Vero. Two of my remote HDDs remained mounted via fstab as well, making them unavailable for browsing. The only solution was, to run the

sudo systemctl restart autofs

It solved the problem immediately, and the HDDs became available again. Could it be an error in Kodi or OSMC that the library update forgots to disconnect that temporary connection for a reason or a hidden error?

As already said before “fstab” was a wrong assumption from myside. These are all autofs related.
Why you mounts are becoming unresponsive is strange.
I guess if you want to dig deeper you woul need to run autofs in debug mode (open a “screen” in your SSH session, stop the daemon and start it manually with debugging as explained in the how to). Then you can monitor that window at the time of Library scan.

Have you tried removing the minproto and maxproto setting, from what I read that should be used to specify the nfs protocol, v1 2 3 or 4, and you have it set to 5. I also would remove the vers=3 and let it auto negotiate the connection.

I use fstab entries for my nfs shares, what benefit does autofs provide if you don’t mind my asking?

autofs will connect to the NFS share “on demand” and then, after a configurable time, disconnect. So, in cases where the NFS server or network might be unreliable or not on 24/7, you won’t got those hangs that can happen with fstab when the server disappears.

FYI, my server is on 24/7 and I use fstab.

To be frank, I’m very new to linux and have near zero experience and knowledge, so I usually follow the guides here from the experts. I will check the fstab and autofs differences, and if it won’t require to rebuild the whole database I may change it to fstab if its more stable.

For a few days in a row I haven’t seen any issues except that the Library Export always ends with an error message that there’s insufficient space on drive, but did not say on which drive and all drives has min 1 GB free space so it should be plenty for a few nfo files. Other than that I had no issue with accessing the HDDs now.

What is df -h showing if you run it on your Vero

If the nfs shares are working I wouldn’t mess with it further, no reason to fix it till it breaks.

As for the export, I think that saves to the storage on the vero itself unless you choose the option to save along side the media files. Sorry not at my vero right now to confirm the menu pathing and naming for that option. I’m sure someone else can assist with that.

Yes, actually this is the case, that my system started to work in a quite stable way for whatever reasons, so I’m not keen on fix what is working now with autonf.