Vero 4k+ hangs up after some days in power save mode

The last update a few weeks ago fixed my issue, my vero has not hung up in suspend mode since that update.

In my case after the last update I have the impression that it freezes more often.
At first it happened every 1-2 weeks, now every few days…

Unfortunately the same for me. It happens more regularry now, about every 2-3 Days

I suggest waiting for the next update and seeing if the issue persists after that.

Sam

1 Like

I’ve been getting these issues for a while too. No change with the November update. Has anyone else resolved it? Coming back to using the box, after a few hours, and having to pull the plug to get it to respond, is getting more than a little tiresome!

With the November update the problem seems to be solved.

uptime
 08:25:43 up 16 days, 37 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.17, 0.12, 0.09
2 Likes

No change for me, with November update. Very intermittent, i.e. sometimes it’s fine, sometimes not. Baffled.

Did you upload logs anywhere? Your problem may not be related.

Any chance you can direct me to a post as to how to do that, please? Not too clear on how to do that right now. Thanks!

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

After the last update (a few days ago) the problem has returned.
Before my vero stay online for 16 days… today is stuck again.

and today again

Can you ping the device when this happens?

nope!
5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Did you try installing an older version (November 2020), and did this resolve your issue?

nope, but if I do this all the contents of the movie db would be “initialized” (I don’t have a backup of the old (Kodi 18) database). Can I install the first November 2021 release?

You can install that version – but I’m trying to determine if the issue is caused by a newer version of Kodi, as well as rule out a bootloader timing issue.

I’m using vero4k+ since 2019. Before the update to Kodi 19 I never had a problem…