Vero 4K loses connection to mount

No luck with that. Still not accessible.
I rebooted Vero, so all back to working. I will leave ssh connection open this afternoon to see if it disconnects. Will update later today with results.

Also added a source to PC via smb through Kodi interface. I will see if that remains accessible after /mnt/media is not.

I have found that with x-systemd.automount, either in fstab or if you create systemd mount and automount unit files to do it, if the target share becomes disconnected (eg loss of WiFi or disk spins down) while some process has the filesystem open (not necessarily actively reading or writing) then systemd doesn’t recover the connection. autofs can.

Before I get totally stuck with autofs setup, is this correct?

Current setup with fstab:

//Attic-PC.local/G /mnt/media cifs x-system.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=<username>,password=<password>,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

New setup with autofs:

/mnt/media -fstype=cifs,rw,username=<username>,password=<password>,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,ver=3.0 ://Attic-PC.local/G/

I am not sure about if I have the beginning part correct based on tutorial that says to add: /mnt/<server1>/<share1>
Also, I used Windows server name instead of IP. Previously I had issues with fstab and IP address, but I can try both ways.

Any suggested changes would be appreciated.

I doubt the mountpoint name matters. Just try it

It looks like switching to autofs solved my issue.

Still baffled why fstab stopped working with the April/May update, but as long as I have a working solution now.

Thanks for all the help.

Glad you got it sorted. It could be something in the latest update to do with networking making drop-outs more likely, thus exposing the systemd issue with re-connecting. I know Sam is keeping a close eye on this.

That should be solved.

@jmccrack Do you experience this issue with the internal Ethernet adapter? It looks like you’re using a USB based Ethernet adapter.

Sam

I should have tried that but didn’t. Possibly issue was due to usb adapter. But working now, so I am going to stick with autofs setup.