Vero 4k+ purchasing questions

Hi

No new Vero soon - we are struggling to produce enough as is and chip shortages and price increases are making this hard. I will revise our pricing at the end of May to reflect this.

The next model when it does get released will still feature 802.11ac and not WiFi6 as 802.11ac should still be sufficient for UHD streaming. But new models are still in the planning stage.

We are still working on supporting Widevine L1 and HDCP2. We had some success with this in 2020, but Widevine requirements have changed and we have to re-work things. Widevine stopped training and examinations in 2021 but work is resuming again.

You are correct that implementation would leverage secureOSMC. However, we cannot provision keys over the air for the Vero 4K+ because we didn’t build mechanisms to do that. We could potentially retrofit the keys by sending them out via a medium (SD/USB) or offering users to return their devices.

I don’t want to mislead so consider Netflix capped at 720p for this device. Different Widevine library versions have different levels of performance, I’m sure that other users can chime in about the latest performance on Vero.

Could you list some titles giving you problems on Pi? Maybe some users can compare on Vero.

Sam

1 Like