Vero4K CEC Seems To Auto Switch Input

That CEC less adapter should do the trick.
CEC is a hot mess now that so many devices support it and want to control everything else.
Just remember, anything with two heads is a freak!
CEC is no exception.
Couple that with the fact that the Vero is designed as an always on device so CEC can get messy real quick.
Personally, I have the Vero setup to go into a screensaver, just a black screen, after one minute of idle and at the same time, if not playing a file, it sends a shut down to TV and AVR.
This might not be for everyone, but this works great for me because if I forget to turn off my TV, the Vero will do that for me automatically and shut down my AVR.
Great insurance for my OLED just incase I fall asleep watching something.
If I pause a video, it fades to black (the screensaver) but leaves the TV and AVR on, which is great if I pause to go the bathroom, and when I come back, hitting any button fades the picture back on and then it’s ready for me to hit play and resume.
Now, the majority of my TV time is with the Vero so this works great.
LG TVs tend to be even pickier than most and I found a great work around.
If my children want to play the Wii U, I grab the Vero remote and hit a button, this wakes up (turns on) my TV and AVR and shows the Vero, then I switch the input on the TV to antenna, then I switch to the Wii U.
For some reason, switching to a input that doesn’t have anything plugged in then switching to the actual target input keeps the Vero from high jacking the CEC and making everything switch back to the Vero.
If I switch from Vero to Wii U, I’ll get the Wii U for a few seconds but then it automatically switches back to the Vero.
Even when disabling CEC and rebooting my setup it would still do that but less often for some odd reason.
The only way to 100% not have it auto switch back to the Vero is to switch to a dead input first .
So in the end, I’m able to have my Vero CEC settings and not have it shutdown or switch back just by switching the input to an unused input first before the actual target input.
Go figure.
This works for switch inputs on my AVR and for built in apps on the TV.
If your cool without the Vero’s CEC function, then that adaptor should be perfect, otherwise try what I mentioned about switching to an unused input first before your target input.

EDIT: Links that may help: No Hdmi ARC on AV receiver when V4K is hooked - #24 by Kontrarian and Vero 4K+ messes with ARC - #68 by pinn73 and HDR Autoswitch causing issues on my LG OLED65C8 - #238 by Kontrarian