Video freezing randomly

It’s been a while since this issue was opened, so I may ask some questions that have already been covered.

• Is the above clip a clip that affects the device, or is it a recording of playback on the Vero 2?
  • Have you tried remuxing the video file / trying another file
  • Are you still playing off a USB drive or NAND / network storage?

Its a clip of one of the videos that is causing the issue, not a recording of the issue itself.

I have tried other files and they experience the same freezing type of issue.

This is still playing off a USB drive. I have tried playing the video using DLNA to the vero 2 across the network from another device and I experienced the same freezing issue at the same place.

If you would like, I can provide a recording of the actual issue so you can see what I am talking about.

Yes, that would be helpful. Also good to know if you can play this clip without issues:

http://mirrorblender.top-ix.org/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov

Cheers

Sam

I will get back to you later today, thanks!

So I took a video of the issue itself happening. Dropbox - File Deleted

I also tried the big buck bunny video and it froze 4 times but only for half a second each time.

If you’ve reinstalled fresh and you can’t play Big Buck Bunny from the NAND, with no attached peripherals apart from the remote, then you will need to RMA this hardware.

Thanks Sam for all the assistance! How would I go about getting an RMA setup?

You need to email sales@osmc.tv

Just to confirm: you cannot play back the clip locally with no peripherals attached to the device (excluding remote receiver); with the power supply plugged directly in to the wall (no extension chord, wallgang socket etc)?

Your symptoms possibly match the device being underpowered (possibly due to a bad supply).

That is correct, it glitches from internal storage as well as from usb storage. I just double checked to make sure it was doing it from internal storage as well and it is. The only usb device I have attached is the remote receiver.