1080p 60fps videos lag

since a couple of weeks ago my raspberry pi 2 could not run any 1080P 60FPS videos smoothly be it from youtube or local playback. Previously 1080p 60 videos can be played and videos below that can be played even at 1.5x speed. I don’t remember changing any settings

What codec are the videos? Provide mediainfo (first step) and debug logs (second step).

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

They are YouTube 1080p 60 videos

Logs are here MEGA

Please use the buildin OSMC log sharing options via paste.osmc.tv

http://paste.osmc.tv/akageyitap.dos

No direct clue from the logs for me.
Have you tried to download the file and play it locally to exclude a stream/buffer issue?
I think if you have a local file that gives problems it will be much easier to analyse than via the youtube addon.

here is the logs when i download to video to play locally
https://paste.osmc.tv/yagosogoka

13:43:20.924 T:1925487104 NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink

Suggest to check your audio sink configuration

Erm how do I do that?

Settings → System → Audio

I don’t see a “audio sink” setting to change. Changing random settings seem to not to fix it.

Disabling MMAL hardware acceleration seems to let the video play smoothly but no audio will play.

Disabling both MMAL and OMXplayer will make the video play but frames will skip and the CPU will go to 100%

What do you have under Settings → System → Audio → Audio Output Device? It should be HDMI.

I use a usb speaker. Looking at Kodi changlogs for 17.6 it seems omx does not support it… Using 3.5mm audio jack speaker audio and video works…
Danm shame I cant use my usb speaker anymore.

1 Like

Good find, that explains it.