2018.03-2 update has broken my passthrough sound

Should be -67.

I’ve reverted all the sound changes made since the February update

I updated 2 minutes ago and am also on - 66 so update isn’t probably out yet

Did audio work OK in February for you?

For me yes all but dts-hra

We have reverted back to the state of audio in February, so things should work exactly as they did then. DTS-HRA needs a follow up. For now, can you confirm the original behaviour is restored?

Sam

Feb worked OK for me, including the PCM fixes.

Then -67 should work fine for you, as the state of audio is exactly the same (w/ PCM fixes).

Sam

Thank you Sam, that seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated.

67 works fine here, tested bunch of different ones and they all seem to load fine.

Thanks for confirming.

Updated this morning, sound fixed, video playback completely broken - just a series of stillf frames. 4K and 1080 material. Heading back to the Feb version again.

osmc@osmc:~$ uname -a
Linux osmc 3.14.29-68-osmc #1 SMP Sat Mar 17 02:04:25 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Morning folks. Just caught up with this thread and updated.

Same as ac16161: I now get sound, but poor video - mostly black screen or extremely juddery playback that is unwatchable with 4k content.

osmc@osmc:~$ uname -a
Linux osmc 3.14.29-68-osmc #1 SMP Sat Mar 17 02:04:25 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I just updated in the last hour and am having the same problem as Bisonator & ac16161.

Some info:
Linux 3.14.29-68-osmc

Get this message when attempting to play a 4K movie:
Buffering.
Source to slow.
Read rate to low for continuous playback.

I also updated just now.
Showing version: Linux livingroom 3.14.29-68-osmc #1 SMP Sat Mar 17 02:04:25 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

My atmos sound came back, but 4K playback is just some still pictures updating about every 10 sec.

This should now be fixed if you update via My OSMC once more.

Sam

2 Likes

Yep - everything looks good now.

Cold reboot helped iron out any remaining issues.

Thanks Sam!