2019.05-2

My Vero4k+ had an update pop up a few days ago (6/7/19?) and downloaded a new firmware version 2019.05-2. I don’t see any documentation related to this release, and I am having issues getting videos to start playing (either nothing happens or the video starts in the background and I need to hit the back button to get off the main menu). I’m guessing it was maybe posted to the server by mistake? I tried to downgrade via USB thumb drive to 2019.05-1 but I was unable to get the Vero to boot from the USB drive. Unfortunately I don’t have any other thumb drives handy to attempt with. Any way to do this from the command line similar to the nightly releases? Any additional info would be appreciated.

Post logs so we can help you figure out what’s going on instead of trying to downgrade.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Edit: removed log.

Is the file you are trying to play coming from Plex? Can you play local files OK?

Also, you should get rid of the piracy addons.

I use plex to access my local netowrk files on my NAS. Is vero3-mediacenter-osmc version 18.2.0-13 the most recent version? I thought 2019.05-1 correlates to 18.2.0-12?

Can you try to play one of the files without using Plex? I’m not real familiar with Plex but I see some errors in the log so it would help to know if Plex is the problem or if it’s something else.

Playing a file using the File Manager to access a USB drive is working properly, strangely, after that file is played my other files from Plex work properly. Reboot causes the issue to resurface. Thinking it may be related to the addon, I reset and rebuilt the Kodi database from the PlexKodiConnect addon, but that didn’t solve the issue.

Have you checked on the Plex forums to see if anyone has reported a similar problem?

I searched briefly, but didn’t come across anything. I will post there , however this issue didn’t surface until after the update so that was my first item to troubleshoot. It still wasn’t clarified what release notes are associated with the above version number?

The changes were all fairly minor. What skin do you use?

Aura

Can you try switching to the OSMC skin and see if that helps?

One other thing, the PlexKodiConnect addon plays a trailer, then a pre-roll video, then the actual file. The first time I try to play the file after a reboot, the trailer plays but then it crashes to the homescreen when it tries to play the next file. Did the update change anything related to files playing in succession?

Issue was related to the plex addon which had an update around the same time. Thanks for your help @bmillham

2 Likes