25fps Playback Issues

Are there any known issues with OSMC/KODI and the latest build with 25fps encoded material ?

I am experiencing stuttering and weird playback issues with the KAYO kodi plugin which users Input Stream Adaptive with material that is encoded in 25fps at all resolutions / 50fps works fine . Interestingly this seems to be related to AMLOGIC as a number of users are experiencing this with Coreelec as well but is not affecting Android TV builds.

From a troubleshooting point of view , I have disabled/enabled frame rate matching / resolution changes and changed KODI skin framerate as well . The developer of the plugin is looking into the issue but as this only affects certain builds it looks like it could be “under the hood” .

Not to my knowledge.
Some logs would help

Thanks Sam , I will get some logs.

Hi Sam… I have a Vero 4K, and am having bad 25 fps playback issues using Matt Huisman’s Kodi extension for Kayo (streaming version of Fox Sports in Australia). Matt cannot reproduce on his platform(s), and others on the thread in Whirlpool are not seeing this, so he suggested I post here, in case it’s specific to the chipset in the Vero 4K.

Kayo’s live (or recent) content is 50 fps, and plays fine, but their edited content is 25 fps, and it’s completely corrupted and unwatchable when using Inputstream HLS. Going back to ffmpeg fixes it.

Matt suggested that I should provide you with the following logs as per his post here https://whrl.pl/RgbtBR . Would this information help you to take a look at it?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

OK, I haven’t done this before, but I enabled debugging and some component-specific debugging that Matt suggested. After rebooting twice, and reproducing the error in 25fps material in Kayo, the Log Uploader method gives this URL: https://paste.osmc.tv/movebijeje .

Turn off the sync playback to display function, it prevents audio passthrough (which I assume you would want so you should also re enable that) and will create problems for proper refresh rate switching. Test and report please.

Thanks, but unfortunately it makes no difference.

I am a bit puzzled, because I watch other 25fps content, e.g. UK TV shows, with no problem. But is one progressive and the other interlaced?

Can you upload a log after having made that change?