25fps playback stutter

I’m not sure that video output mode is something Kodi has ever associated with a video. And if not, it would presumably require a change to Kodi to achieve that.

It will :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So what you want to achieve is to prevent the framerate from doubling.
There is an extra option for this in the display settings, see attached image.

1. Under Settings->System->Display select all recognized resolutions of your TV under the item ‘WhiteList’
  2. Now the two options below become configurable: Disable ‘Allow double refresh rates’.

Contrary to the text, this setting also applies to 25 fps video material that is played back at 50 Hz by default.

With the GUI configuration of 50 Hz, the playback of 25 fps videos ALWAYS reliably ends up at 25 Hz.

Here the playback of 25 fps material in 25 Hz and 50 Hz makes no difference in quality at all, but of course it could be that the picture enhancer in your television handles it differently.

(Here I’m running latest/greatest OSMC from staging on a Vero4k+.)

thanks, yes disabling the “allow double refresh rates” works to output a 25p file at 25p. But I’ve noticed that whitelisting 25p breaks playback of 50i (very stuttery whether the source is natively progressive or interlaced). This can be overcome for 50i VC1 that is natively progressive, as deinterlacing can be disabled, so that the underlying 25p clean frames are output. But for h264/mpeg2 the Vero gets very confused, since per much older discussions, deinterlacing cannot be bypassed with hardware acceleration even if the material is natively progressive, which is why I don’t use the Vero for “progressive 50i” h264 in my main system. Looking forward to seeing how the new Vero does in that regard.