3 frame skips, exactly every minute

First and foremost. let me just say I love your work and I love the Vero.
I have no personal issues with you and I think you are a great guy who has gone above and beyond in your support for the product.
That being said, I have to continue to disagree with you on this issue of NTFS giving video playback issues.
There is simply no proof of that and plenty of proof that it works just fine even with the most demanding videos.
Thanks for linking to a test I did that showed problems with the ext4 file system and which I also claimed that my results must be some weird outlier and to be ignored, but existed none the less.

“I wouldn’t take my test results as anything conclusive because I find it hard to believe ex4 write performance was only 9MB/s.”

You’re the one who’s doing people a disservice when you give misleading information about performance like you did in that thread right after the post of mine you just linked.

That is just not true and I really don’t understand why you keep perpetuating this false claim.
I have so many untouched UHD videos on my NTFS hard drives that play without any issue it’s ridiculous.
(The only issue I ever see is audio drop out on certain known Disney movies, which ext4 has the same issue.)
Some people love Linux and hate Windows, maybe that’s your thing, I don’t know.
I don’t have a horse in this file system race and I have Linux machines and Windows machines (both have their pros and cons).

It would be really nice if we could help this guy fix his strange issue with out getting him side tracked.
You suggest he changes his file system (that can be a big to do). I suggest that’s not it and he should look into the other trouble shooting methods (GUI resolution, etc.).

Anyone who really cares to know the truth about NTFS v ext4 in real world video playback performance can read that thread and see that I’m not just some special guy with some special Vero that just magically likes NTFS.
Just two posts below the post you linked:

And I won’t mention how I lost 113GB of data because of ext4s delayed file allocation failed on me once and how I’ve never lost a single byte of data yet with NTFS.

We’ll see what ends up being the solution for the OPs problem, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the file system.

Peace!

PS: I’m open to testing any file you think wont playback over NTFS via USB2.0.