444 10bit output from vero 4k

Sorry thought this was the hdr flicker thread, they kinda merged.

… if there is banding, it might be related to the output bit depth.

Same problem here (same projector).

Out of interest, would this work? echo ‘422,12bit’ >/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

As it’d still fall under the 10gbps bandwidth limitation of the projector?

Nope, just a green screen :wink:

If you change resolution to 2160p60 i believe it works, but that doesn’t help much

Yeah sorry that was at least partly my fault… :pensive:

Having said that, HDR 4k playback is obviously getting attention with fixes so hopefully it’s of interest here too.

@sam_nazarko

I’m assuming the green screen at 4.2.2 10 or 12bit is due to this bug? Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware

Is that something you’re able to fix yourself or does it run deeper than that?

EDIT: Reading further in that thread it looks like they’ve fixed it, I’m sure wrxtasy would be happy to pass on the fix if you shot him a message :+1:t2: Or perhaps it’s simply a case of using the newest Amlogic kernel which has the fix in it…

This has already been covered a few posts above. See 444 10bit output from vero 4k - #117 by Theetjuh

Fix comes from AMLogic but then HDR will not work. We are working on a more pragmatic solution :slight_smile:

Sam

Oops, sorry mate, totally missed that

I’ve installed Ferbruray update and HDR flickering issue changed to banding and it is much worse now that i’m considering to roll-back.

Is there a solution for this banding issue ?

Right now, no. You could rollback or watch HDR Banding issue - #11 by MikeDelta for solutions or testing builds being announced by Sam. It’s definitely being worked on.

Any progress?

See other banding threads.

I went through the banding thread,

I couldnt see exactly if it answers my question about being able to play and choose
4:2:2 12bit since this is subsampling that should be transmitted with 9 Ghz?

can you point me to something clearly as this is what I am after?

thank you

hi Sam, how is this progressing? likely to get into next months update?
thanks

Are you referring to HDR auto switching?
There’s a test thread. It still needs some work.

Sam

Thanks , I will have a look