4k doesn't work in the Youtube Addon

@sam_nazarko
The video glitch reported above did not occur under 4.9. The only thing I noticed was that my TV didn’t switch to HDR mode even thought the video description suggested it was HDR content. I think this is an established issue though.

We do still need to use the “double_write_mode fix” in order for Hyperion to grab the colours correctly with 4K content.

This shouldn’t be the case.

I suggest bringing up more details in Testing in chat.

Not switching the TV into HDR mode when playing HDR VP9.2 content is definitely a known issue. (Unless it’s been fixed very recently).

Covered in chat now.

Are there any news regarding this, or can I follow the investigation somewhere else? :slight_smile:

From what I can see, others can play 4K YouTube without issue. Some logs may give some clues why you are experiencing a problem.

Hi Sam, I posted logs earlier, but they are available here, let me know if there is anything I can test/enable or otherwise provide that would assist.

Unfortunately these aren’t debug logs, so it is hard to advise.
Please enable debug logging under Settings -> Logging, reboot, and reproduce the problem.

Right, will do a new test later today and get back to you with new logs!

@sam_nazarko Here are the logs from a new test, with debugging enabled. Hope this can shed some light on it.

These aren’t complete logs.
Please upload logs via the My OSMC system.