6/24/17 "BootFS" Error on OSMC_TGT_appletv_20170615-HDD.img.gz

USB version for Apple TV 20170615 works, but the HDD version gives a “BootFS” error. I want to use my internal SSD as always. Please address problem as I have reverted to last version HHD. Thanks for the great work!
UPDATE: Seems trying a third USB stick did the trick. Even though the other two USB sticks allowed for startup, they errored as described in first posting, so I finally got it to install latest version. Thanks again.

We need more information.

Did you image the USB, or the SSD?
The USB is still needed to format the HDD.

I know this… I used a USB as usual, and the sequence to install. As stated OSMC_TGT_appletv_20170321-HDD.img.gz works fine using a USB. However the new HHD.img.gz gives an error, and yes I tried multiple downloads, checked the checksum, and used a USB stick that works fine. UPDATE only after trying several USB sticks did this img.gz finally work.

Use an older one and then update then.

HUMMMMM, that is what started this whole update “fresh install” procedure. I realize there is a long procedure to update with a keyboard, the reason I know about that is because when I do a update from the OSMC tools it has always gone to unhappy face. Am I the only one with this problem?
UPDATE: Seems trying a third USB stick did the trick. Even though the other two USB sticks allowed for startup, they errored as described in first posting, so I finally got it to load. Thanks again.

Yes
For further support, post logs.

Hi Sam,

what are the changes in that image/release-updates? Works now Crystal HD?

No CrystalHD. Changes are listed on the blog, as always.

Your answer confusing to me…I have a Crystal HD card installed in all my Apple TV-1’s and they work great…

There’s no support for CrystalHD on 17.x at this time