A little confusing

Yesterday I went from ADSL 2+ to the NBN Optic Cable internet and after getting everything up and running I connected the Panasonic 4K/UHD TV and the Pansonic 4K/UHD Blu-ray Player plus the Yamaha RX-A3070 Home Theatre receiver to the internet with no problems. Then I connected the VERO 4K+ to the internet and here is where it gets a bit weird. In My OSMC it says it’s connected but when I go into KODI and check internet settings it says it’s not connected, so i’m a little confused, is it or isn’t it?

Kodi check depends on reachability of certain servers where there might be a problem either with a DNS resolution or connectivity.
So as long as all services from Kodi (Updates, Addons and streams) works that can be ignored. If you have issues then I would login OSMC via SSH and do fundamental test like nslookup, ping, …

Thanks, I did check for new updates to see if I was connected and it came back after a brief search to say there were no new updates which I know to be right so I’m pretty sure it’s connected to the internet.

Probably your provider blocking some sites?
What you can do, is check which sites/IPs these are.
example for accessing through linux below (What would change under Windows is that you would have to access the vero using putty or similar)

~# ssh -l osmc vero4k2
~# sudo apt install tcpdump
~# tcpdump -i eth0 -w /tmp/capture.pcap

Then on another ssh-session
~# sudo service mediacenter stop
~# sudo service mediacenter star

Wait a minute, and then stop the tcpdump with Ctrl-C. Copy the /tmp/capture.pcap onto your desktop (scp under linux, winscp under Windows).
You can then check the packet capture and look for requests that have been refused (RST) or requests that have been dropped (means, they didn’t get a response).
The Associated IP is the blocked one.