A little help for a Newbie

Wow, very tks Darwin.
I had it set to output 5.1, and it was not downscalling 7.1 movies, but when i saw in your tutorial the 7.1 suggestion ive tested and… worked fine :slight_smile:

Now ill test some mídias… Tks a lottt

Lets go, new saturday and 1 hour free (i hope) to run some tests and correct some issues…

First, my Vero is not starting or waking when i select it from my Samsung KS7000 TV. To start it i have to disconect all cables (power, hdmi and usb - from the powered hub) and reconect, in this order, hdmi, power and usb.

My power saving settings r default, so, do anyone knows how to fix it?

Can you elaborate a bit. Are you saying this is a reproducible thing for you or are you just talking about something that happened once and that is what you did to fix it? Before you pulled the power did you check to see if the device was still accessible over the network (SSH, Web interface, phone remote app)?

It happened 3 times. I dont know how to try a web interface, and dont hav the app, so i didnt tested this stuff u just said.
I dont feel its turned off cause the temperatura is always warm, looks like it is not waking with the tv input.

I was just trying to figure out if it is the bug where the screen saver is not releasing or something else. Is your screensaver set to ‘Dim’ or something else. Do you really need to unplug the hdmi and usb in addition to power cycling as this makes no sense to me that you would need all three. You say it happened 3 times, is this random, or can you discern anything that may tie those three events together?

hmm, i need to check but i think its default 3 secs.
Yes i need to unplug all, cause the Vero receives the energy from the 3 sources, hdmi, usb (from the powered hub) and the usual power, i can know cause the optical port keeps the red light.

The USB hub should NOT be feeding back power into the Vero. What hub are you using?

(BTW the power from hdmi would not power the Vero as it is only a very small current available)

Hello Darwin, sry for the late response… I had a really busy time and do not give attention to my Vero ;(.
About the turn in problem i dont know what happened but i think some updates to the firmware corrected those.

Now that im coming back to use it i found a bug and need some help to fix it… Ive notice that when i plug the Vero4k+ to my TV (The Same samsung KS7000), it crops the sound of anything i am watching from time do time (Satellite box, tv apps, videogame) and sometimes it make the Speaker pops/snap/crack too.

I know that the cause is Vero because i unplugged everything and them tested pluging all the devices (videgames, satellite box, vero) one at a time (i left each device one week plugged before inserting another to be sure i could perceive the crops in sound and cracks at the speakers).

So, any suggestion about what can i do to fix this?

BW to all

In Kodi’s display settings there is an option to disable the HDMI HPD. I would try enabling that, reboot, and see if it makes a difference. If not try disabling CEC settings>system>input>peripherals. This is a bit of a wild guess though as a Vero affecting sound of other devices plugged into a TV like you describe seems a bit unusual.