A little help for a Newbie

Dear all, i have recently bough a Vero4k+ and plugged into my KS7000 samsung (8000 in eua).
Until now i have been using an HD (portable seagate 2GB) plugged directly into my tv to watch my movies and series, but i am buiyng a NAS to setup a wireless “Entertainment Set” along with the Vero4k+.
Well, i dont know linux and i am new to kodi box, as the most significant adjust i usually do to my movie/series files are organize them using the TinyMovieManager program, that downloads the arts, banners, and others.
So, in my first try using the Vero i plugged into my tv and plugged my HD in it to test some files, and… well, i got surprised in a bad way… The movies that have 7.1 audio didnt adjusted to my 5.1 setup, the subtitles didnt automatically loaded, some sony bravia demonstration 4k hdr videos simply crashed the box making the hd “bips”. To sumarize it appears my outdated TV is far superior than the Vero for media playing. And this cant be true.
I dont hav my NAS yet, so in this time i want to know how to properly configure and adjust the Vero to show me its superior media handling.
Can any of you please point to me the way to learn how to proper do it? i am a little lost to see where to start, cause in my mind i would only have to plug it and play…
PS: Even the Vero4k+ interface, when i turn to 4k (3840 × 2160), it turns off and come back as 1080p. :confused:

Sry for the bad english, is not my main language, and thx for your reading pacience.
A very good weekend for us.

You should avoid setting the GUI to 4K and instead leave it at 1080p. If you enable Adjust Refresh Rate under Settings → Display, and play 4K content, we’ll switch to 4K automatically.

Kodi’s user interface isn’t able to take advantage of a 4K UI yet. As a result, this puts unnecessary strain on the device and can actually result in poorer picture quality. Your TV will likely have a better upscaler than Kodi.

Rest assured, we will send a 4K signal when you play 4K content if you have configured things correctly.

Did you configure your audio settings?
Can you please upload some logs so we can see how you have configured your device?

Cheers

Sam

Tkx for the reply SAM. I understood your explaining and will leave the GUI in 1080p.
About the logs, Sure i can post them, but… how i do it?
:slight_smile:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

How is the harddisk powered?

Tkx a lot, ill do this tomorrow at night when returned from work.

Its a portable HD (USB3.0), the energy comes only from the usb port of the Vero.

The Vero may not be supplying enough power. We suggest using a powered USB hub in this case.

We don’t recommend this.
Please use a hub if you are able. See 4 Port USB 3.0 Powered Hub - OSMC.

It sounds like the drive is struggling to spin up due to lack of power.

When you use an external program for collecting this artwork it would either have to be named to something that Kodi recognises or you would have to tweak Kodi so it knows your filename structure. If you are using kodi’s library function it is capable of collecting all of this extra art and information without you having to use an external program though. It can take a bit of learning for a first time user to get a handle on how Kodi works and the best way to organise and name your files for best results. Kodi has a fairly extensive wiki and a good place to get started is here.. You can actually find most things there is to know about Kodi just by Googling “kodi wiki (topic)” or “kodi how to (topic)”. If you get stuck with something feel free to ask.

TinyMediaManager’s default renaming settings are compatible with Kodi’s naming conventions. It’s the primary function of the app. So OP should be good to go in that respect - assuming he/she has used that function of course …

Its exactly this, when in test the Vero noted the files and build a custom screen for each movie, with background, BD covers… While i was navigating the movies menu.
But it was a little laggy… Especially when i tried tô go fast tô the last movie on the list.

Hmmm, maybe this is causing all issues thou…
The crashes, the lag, well… At night ill learn and do the log test to put here.

Tks for the sugestion, i have bought it and when it comes ill test it all again.

Tested with the powered usb Hub and… Flawless :slight_smile:. The sluttering is gone, and the menus though medias r smooth.
But ok, since this cables r just for testing, cause ill plug the HD in my router (until get my Nas) and see if Vero os capable of playing all via wireless.
But, now for audio, i dont know if i configured this right, cause i hav the following setup:
Vero4k+>Samsung KS7000>Receiver Marrantz SR5008. So i want the audio to Flow though The TV to the marrantz, and to do this i did:

Audio output device: Default(alm-m8audio analog), pcm
Number of channels: 5.1
Output configuration: Best Match

R those The correct settings? Where can i find detailed explanation of all this options?

At last, tks for the help and the support.

1 Like

You should enable passthrough as well for the best audio quality

Há, found it…
I had it enabled, but in the output device option it shows aml-m8audio, hdmi… Different than my selection in the audio decoder section.
Should I change?

Since your system doesn’t look like it supports eARC you most optimal setup would be to plug the Vero into your receiver instead of your TV. Information for various setups would be found here…

Thks Darwin for the tip.
Unfortunatelly my receiver dont support Hdr so i have to plug the vídeo players in the TV to enjoy The feature (and use Arc to send audio to receiver) , but it costs my audio cause i loose the HD audios.

In that case you need to change your audio settings to the limitations of S/PDIF in that guide I linked to. You may be able to enable more of the passthrough options than the recommended settings but that will be trial and error to see what your TV will allow to pass.