since a few days ago, OSMC started to buffer/stutter (for 5s) a video every 1-3mins. In the logs, I see:
2020-12-28 12:05:14.567 T:1887428832 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -5143.233582
2020-12-28 12:05:14.613 T:1887428832 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -5143.183258
2020-12-28 12:05:14.614 T:1887428832 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -5093.182526
2020-12-28 12:05:14.614 T:1887428832 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -5043.182556
2020-12-28 12:05:14.717 T:1119875296 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
I tried many combinations with buffering in
advancedsettings.xml also audio passthrough doesn’t help. The videos where the issue occurs seem to be encoded with AAC. These issues happen on plugins that use Live Streams from the internet (namely ncplusgo and Playermb). Playing video from the SD card works fine.
I also did
apt update && apt upgrade-distro. I’m running the current OSMC version.
I hope you could help. I saw some post with this issue but it seems unresolved.
Without logs one can only speculate but more often than not the large audio sync errors are a configuration issue with refresh rate. The stream stalled is normally a networking issue or lack of bandwidth.
To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.
Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:
enable debug logging at settings->system->logging
reboot the OSMC device twice(!)
reproduce the issue
upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the
Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the
ssh method invoking command
publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here
Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.
OSMC skin screenshot:
Thanks for your help.
In the end it turned out to be a problem with my router. Somehow when the DNS on RPi3 is set to the IP of the router, everything is lagging. When I change it to
188.8.131.52 or anything else, it starts to works flawlessly.
For those reading that in the future, to change it I used:
connmanctl> config <INTERFACE_TAB_COMPETION_WORKS> -nameservers 184.108.40.206
The thread can be closed:)