Adding an in-line power switch to Vero 4K+

Hi, I would like to add an on / off switch to my Vero 4K+ and wondered if something like this would work okay:

Are the voltage / amps and 2.1mm barrel size compatible? If not, what do I need to look for.

Many thanks!

Hi

I don’t recommend this if your plan is to cut mains power without safely shutting down OSMC.

I don’t anticipate the switch causing problems. If it does – they should be noticeable fairly quickly (system instability).

Are you aware of the Supend option under Power which allows you to turn off and wake the device with a remote?

Sam

Thanks for the super fast reply!

It is mainly for family friendliness that we like to be able to power it off completely, as we are not using it daily. I have been powering it down from the menu, then switching off the power supply at the wall switch. But, I am relocating it to a neater place, which means, no easy access to the wall switch.

Would you still recommend suspend mode, if we only use it, say, once a week?

That method is OK.

I’d say so – the power consumption is quite low, so won’t offer much savings in terms of energy. It’s also more convenient in terms of being able to wake up the device quickly.

Sam

1 Like