Adding music rating easier

Hi,

I’m using the music rating feature to create smart playlists.
Unfortunately, this procedure is very slow because I have to go through each song, access its menu items, and select my rating. Is there an easier way to do this? For instance, in Windows media player, the rating is shown in a column when viewing a list of songs; the rating can be set one by one for each song on the list. This is much easier than going through one song at a time and accessing its properties via menus.

Cheers,
Ilan

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

1 Like

Personally, I suggest it’s better to rate the music files using idv3 tags. Kodi reads these out and they are available in the media center as usual. If you do the evaluation in the media center itself, they are “only” saved in the database… if this db gets damaged, the OSMC device has to be reinstalled without a backup, etc., these information is then lost… forever.
Most of the time I invest in my music is in this administrative work. It would be a catastrophe to lose decades of work.
I’ve been using Mediamonkey for work like this since 2016, but there are plenty of alternatives, see e.g. Top 30 alternatives to MediaMonkey for Windows

2 Likes

This is precisely the type of solution I’ve been looking for, thanks. I wasn’t aware Kodi reads the idv3 tags. Maybe it’s because it took me some time before I learned how to enable ratings on Kodi. I’ll give it a try.