Adding .nfo file remotely

On my Vero 4K+ Kodi occasionally picks up weird metadata. (Plex seems to be much better with the same folders/files.) So I’d like to try to correct this by adding some .nfo files. I don’t like the idea of trying to do this at the Vero 4K+ directly (which would involved attaching a keyboard and then sitting too near a large TV). Is there a way to do this remotely?

The ideal solution would be to be able to access the folders via SMB or something like that in Windows and then sit at my PC and add the .nfo files.

Yes, just install the Samba Server from the App Store will allow you to do that.
But as the .nfo files normally are to be located with the Video files this only would make sense if your Videos are on a disc directly connected to the Vero.

You might also want to check out TinyMediaManager.

Well, this is embarrassing! My files are indeed on a separate server, which I can easily access. So of course there’s no need to access them via the Vero box just to add some .nfo files.

Thanks for pointing this out!

If you are naming your files properly then there should be no need for NFO files with almost all content. If this is a frequent issue your running into your time might be better spent figuring out why your naming scheme is causing issues in the first place.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

1 Like

It’s only the occasional folder where there’s a problem (as I mentioned in my original post).