Adding SMB source at Kodi

Hello

I come from Raspberry PI 1 and Raspbmc.
Now, I have a new Raspberry PI 3 and a wonderful OSMC.
Somethings are changed, a lot of work is done since that.

Well, the question is that I usually see content form my Windows PC through Samba.

I have read all the necessary to get access from a Windows Shared folder using the settings at FSTAB file configuration as described:

I have full access throught telnet, and I see the content of the Windows Shared folder when running the ~ ls ~ command, but I am in troubles when adding it at the Kodi Interface.
How can I do that? How can I add the Windows Shared folder at Kodi Interface?
(I repeat that I have full access throught Telnet).

Thanks a lot for the help.

I’m sure there is a better way, but I go to settings/file manager and select add network location protocol SMB and use the IP/uid/pwd of the file server. Then in Video/Pictures/Music add a source using that connection where I select share and folder and name it something useful.

Regards
/L

1 Like

Hi,

Assuming you followed the guide completed and have mounted the shares in /mnt?

Then when adding a video source, browse and select root file system. Move down the available folders and select and enter mnt, you should be able to select your share folders here.

Thanks Tom.

2 Likes

Sry, but this has nothing to do with FSTAB mounting which the OP wants to get working…

Please, @Sekmeth, follow @Tom_Doyle’s hint. That should get you going. Adding the path mounted via FSTAB is basically adding a local path to the library: /mnt/… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to all.
Finally the only I left was adding the source in Kodi via local storage\mnt"the name of the folder".

After that, the source is added at the Kodi Video menu.

What a donkey I am!!
:slight_smile:

1 Like