After 30 to 45 minutes playing movie the sound trueHD is not working anymore

Dear all

Since the june 2023 update i noticed a problem with playing Dolby trueHD sound formats. After a few minutes plus minus 30 to 45 minutes or so the sound disappears. My denon amplifier still displays Dolby TrueHD Atmos. But no sound. Hitting pause and resume did not work. I have to stop the movie entirely and start it up again. Then the sound is back.

Please note this does not happen when playing lower sound formats like Dolby digital and Dolby digital plus etc. For now only with Dolby trueHD.

Using Vero 4k+
Installed the latest osmc upgrade June 2023 upgrade

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I am currently unable to recreate the sound problem.
However i noticed that sometimes playing 1080p hevc tv episodes gives strange picture static. The static comes and goes like a flickering. Very anoying. Its not with all tv episodes but some of them.

I have enabled the debug logging and played this tv episode.

Here is the link to the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/upilajusiy

The logs could be long so you should looking at the following date sunday 18-06-2023 around 18:00 hours

I will try to recreate the sound problem another time.

With kind regards

Victor

You might try changing Kodi’s audio settings from optimized to best match. Also is this playback going through Plex? When it happens if you look at your Plex dashboard does it show still sending out as passthrough or does it switch to transcoding?

1 Like

I will change the audio to best match. And no plex is not transcoding

Same thing happened to me today. Audio drops and stopping and restarting resumes audio.

Happened twice during a 2.5 hour movie.

Will try and get logs sometime.

At a glance this sounds like a hdmi bandwidth or cable issue. Besides the reommended ‘best match’ audio setting, you can also try the video setting ‘HPD lock’. But next could be to try a ‘Ultra High Speed HDMI’ or a very good ‘Premium High Speed HDMI’ cable.

Thank you for the input. But i dont think so. Before the june update playing 4k with hdr and 24 bits sound like dolby treuhd was no problem. And on the hardware side nothing changed.