After Krypton, Windows 7 PC connected by Samba will not sleep

I have a Pi2 just updated to the Krypton release. The device pulls media primarily from my Windows 7 PC, connected using SMB.

After updating to Krypton, I noticed that my PC will not go into sleep mode. But if I turn off the OSMC box, then it will.

debug logs here: http://paste.osmc.io/kitovihoje

I see a number of WakeOnLan entries, but don’t know for sure that is the issue or how to fix it (I never had this issue before Krypton, and have not added any movies since then)

14:13:36.921 T:1440740336  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.0.103] trigged by accessing

I am pretty sure the OSMC box is the culprit, because powercfg does not show an active client when I turn OSMC off. But it persists if the device is back on and idle. Three scenarios are shown below:

1. OSMC on = active remote client
  2. OSMC off = None
  3. OSMC back on = active remove client returns

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
None.

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
None.

One of the skin widgets is likely the culprit.

@ActionA - thanks for the idea. I had noticed that the “In progress movies” widget I had set under the Watching menu was not displaying any art, only icons (photo below). I thought this was strange and was going to post separately, but it seems like it might be related. Especially since I think Black Hawk Down was “in progress” for me, and that seems to be the name that shows up many times in the log?

Does this mean the widget cannot find the necessary art and keeps searching? What would I do to fix this? Do I rescan the movie, or something like that?

I disabled all of the Widgets and confirmed that my PC sleeps again now.

Next, I will add back one at a time and see which one was the culprit…

I am still testing, but think I have it pinned down to the Favorites widget. My PC was sleeping fine for several days, until I re-enabled the Favorites widget - now it won’t sleep again. Later today I’ll try to disable the widget again and see if sleep behaviour returns to normal.

After you mentioned this I checked my hdd on my nas, It’s also continuous spinning around. I’m still on the latest Jarvis release and am a using a random movie widget and recent episodes widget.

Why does OSMC do this? I didn’t enable the option to automatically update a library so the activity should be zero for about 22 hours a day. The cover art isn’t even on the nas. This behavior should be changed.

It shouldn’t be doing this at all. This is not expected behaviour.
Check for add-ons that may be causing this. Without a debug log however, no one knows.

@nAFutro - strange that you have this going on in Jarvis. I definitely did not have the issue until the recent Krypton upgrade.

thanks @sam_nazarko - I provided debug logs in my first post. At that point I had not yet narrowed down the problem. But now I am pretty sure it is the Favorites widget. If I disable it, the problem goes away; enable it, problem returns.

The problem does not exist anymore. I am not sure why it happend, but I’m still suspecting one Pi that was 24/7 powered on. I had to re-install that one and after this I noticed my drives are spinning down again on my server. I am using the same plugins etc, but we are a few months further and everything has been updated several times.
I am not using the favorites widget anymore after going with a mysql setup.