After March update long press on harmony remote no longer works

I used to be able to use long press on ok on the Harmony to bring up the context menu. This no longer works. I’d appreciate if you could help me regain this because I’m not even sure why this suddenly stopped working.

It stopped working because you have a dongle plugged in for an OSMC remote and I modified the behavior of that key. You can find out more here…

You can turn off the custom map and the old behavior will return. Alternatively If you also use the OSMC remote and want to keep the rest of the tweaks I can give you a keymap that will return the behavior of that key.

1 Like

Thank you! I ought. To have searched, sorry.
I’d appreciate the keymap. I’m using the Logitech Harmony 99% of the time but also at times the OSMC remote and I’m all for making sure things are progressing. If I can regain the long press context on the harmony ok button, that would work great for me :slight_smile:

As I explain in the guide I would recommend putting this in .kodi/userdata/keymaps/osmc/and the filename is not important. I didn’t test but I think this should return to Kodi default everything I modified for that button,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
	<global>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return>
		</keyboard>
	</global>
	<Home>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress"/>
		</keyboard>
	</Home>
	<VirtualKeyboard>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress">VoiceRecognizer</return>
		</keyboard>
	</VirtualKeyboard>
	<FullscreenVideo>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress">PlayPause</return>
		</keyboard>
	</FullscreenVideo>
	<Visualisation>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress">PlayPause</return>
		</keyboard>
	</Visualisation>
	<Videos>
		<keyboard>
		</keyboard>
	</Videos>
	<VideoPlaylist>
		<keyboard>
		</keyboard>
	</VideoPlaylist>
	<MusicPlaylist>
		<keyboard>
		</keyboard>
	</MusicPlaylist>
	<FullscreenLiveTV>
		<keyboard>
			<return mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</return>
		</keyboard>
	</FullscreenLiveTV>
	<TVGuide>
		<keyboard>
		</keyboard>
	</TVGuide>
</keymap>
1 Like

Thank you, works like a charm :slight_smile: Do you feel it would make sense to add this to your guide in case other Harmony users pop up and make this sticky?

1 Like

Your welcome. I thought about adding just the global and home sections to the example section but I have mixed feeling about this. This is what you wanted so I don’t have an issue helping you out with a keymap for this. On the other hand, I don’t know that I would really want to encourage this as a prefered solution. The long-press OK/enter/return is there (afaict) for extremely low button remotes that lack a dedicated menu button. I figured it would be very unlikely that someone would be using one of these and an OSMC remote on the same box at the same time so I didn’t concern myself with preserving this. For any other remotes such as your Harmony there should be a dedicated menu button. If the menu button is not working on a Harmony they are easy enough to fix even with problem equipment. For example I have one of my Harmony’s programed so the menu button sends rw and then rw key-mapped as context menu (CEC doesn’t pass the menu function on this TV which is how i’m using it) which sorts the problem on that TV.