After update my Atmos videos won't play

Hi,

Thank you for your great Vero 4k player by the way. The box is superb and I have had mine for a few years now. I hadn’t felt the need to join up to the community because it has been working brilliantly out of the box from day 1.

The problem I have now is that after the recent update I got an error saying it failed but I’m on 19.3 anyway but now my ATMOS rip all fail to play properly and are jerky and my receiver shows the audio as DD only. The Vero 4k is connected to it via HDMI and the movie is playing off a USB hard drive.

I tried looking for the setting “only allow acceleration for HEVC’ in Settings->Player->Videos” but I don’t have it there. Please help as a lot of my movie library is broken.

Do I need to wait for the hotfix and when will it be released.

Thank you.

That is not related to Vero4k and anyhow would not impact your ATMOS Rip assuming they are actually HVEC.

I think mediainfo of one file and debug logs (see below) should help to see what is wrong.

It would be good if we could find out more about the file you are having issues playing.

Please let us know the mediainfo of the file
Login to OSMC via ssh and Install mediainfo sudo apt-get install mediainfo and then run mediainfo <File>

Afterwards share the info here using </> format button.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thx for your help.

Thank you I will try that. I saw the other Atmos thread and there was mention of a small hotfix update coming out. Do we know when that will be? I am happy to wait if it will only be another day or two.

That will be 1-2 days but should not have anything to do with the issue you describe

This has already been released.

1 Like

I checked last night and it wasn’t there. Was it released this morning or overnight?

It was released a couple of hours ago.

Hi,

I can confirm that the update released today has resolved the issue. Thank you guys for the continued support and I will carry on recommending Vero to everyone I meet :slight_smile:

It’s a brilliant device!

1 Like

I’m glad to hear this is now working as expected. Thanks for confirming this.

1 Like